Sunday, May 07, 2006

Now what?


There are some many needs, so many to help, where do I beging?

Since I have been back in the US, these are the things that have come out of my trip to Africa.

Maasia literacy program for women in Kenya will be funded by a group that is having a missions conference. They need 4,000 bracelets to give to the attendees, and the women from the Maasai tribe will make the bracelets and this will completely fund their program.

Congo: For the first time in 3 years a Womens Leadership Training will take place in Congo, led by a women from Texas. This will be such an encouragement to the women and to our staff in Congo. They will know they are NOT forgotten! They will receive the much needed training they have so long hoped for.

Also 2 other groups will be visiting Congo this June to see their needs and hopefully be willing to help.

Uganda's Invisible Children: A large church in Dallas has taken on the mission to help in 3 areas: 1. provide food and education for 100 orphans 2. train leaders in trauma counseling and other needed topics will go on this year 3. Micro econimic programs will be established to help widows and orphans, learn the necessary skills to live, eat and clothe their families.

These are just the beginning of the many possibilites in these countries.

I ask myself and God everyday, "What can I do to help? What can I do to make a difference one person at a time?" Sure there is no way I can help every person I met, or every child who is hungry or in danger; but I can help some... one...!

Maybe you too are asking, "What can I do?" Join me in helping ONE! You can GO, you can send money, you can pray for the helpless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home