Friday, June 09, 2006

I have a dream...


Since my return from Africa, I continue to ask the question: "Lord, what can I do?"

As I walk through my day, safely, I think of the 1,000's of children in Northern Uganda, who cannot walk in safety, who live every day in FEAR, that they will be abducted by the rebels.

We can feed them, give them clothes, but there has to be MORE!!!

I dream of a Village of Hope, in the safe zone. Where orphan families can live without fear of abduction. Where they can drink clean water, and eat fresh vegetables, and go to school. I dream of land where they can cultivate food, and raise pigs, and chickens, and goats. Where they can learn skills, and have hope for a new tomorrow!

Is this just a dream? Or can I really make this a reality for them? Should I start an organization that will commit themselves to seeing not my dream, but the dream of every orphan come true? A place of Hope, Love, Safety, .... Tomorrow!

If you have any ideas, wisdom, and thoughts on this, PLEASE write me and let me know. I am searching for answers.... and solutions. This is not something I can do alone; but together, we can change the world... for some of these children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home